We have been having issues with our end users when using facebook on their iPad. It would seem that facebook is incorrectly identifying itself as a mobile phone instead of a tablet. As we had already designed our site to be acceptable at tablet size, we did not design Mobify to handle it. This causes an unacceptable experience when the users click links from their ipad. I do not own an iPad so I have been unable to test the behavior and learn more.
Occasionally when users access our site through Facebooks internal Browser they will get redirected directly to a game purchase page in iTunes. I have noticed this behavior on our site as well os others using Mobify - I feel this is, again, an issue with Facebook not Mobify but I am being pressured to 'fix' the issue and have no clue where to start.
The first issue you’re seeing is related to the User Agent that Facebook’s in app browser uses. Unfortunately the user agent makes it seem as if the user is on a mobile device, so our tag loads the Mobify bundle for your site.
The second issue you’re seeing sounds like it is a problem with the Facebook app. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to reproduce that behaviour on one of our iPads. Any additional information you have on the issue may help us determine wether the issue is with Mobify, or Facebook.