I'm building touch slider which require user form with mobify js for iPad. Form inputs don't receive cursor focus when clicked, is there a way to achieve this?
Can you please answer a few questions for me:
- Are you using Safari or Chrome for iOS?
- What version of iOS is your iPad?
- Are you using Mobify’s ‘Scooch’ carousel library, or a third-party plugin like jCarousel?
I built a quick test using a <form> element with a single ‘text’ <input>, contained inside a ‘Scooch’ carousel slide. On a iOS 7.1 iPad Simulator running Safari I was able to give focus to the input and type out characters. I can think of a few things which might make it hard for you to give the input focus:
- Is there an anchor element wrapping the slide which is also wrapping the form?
- Can you try tapping the input as quickly as possible, ensuring no left/right drag motion occurs? A hold and drag motion will not give focus to the input; instead it will activate the slider